Warm Chorizo and Spinach Salad Recipe. Spanish chorizo sausage contributes an intense spiciness to any ingredient with which it is cooked. In this hearty warm salad, spinach has sufficient flavour to compete with the chorizo. Watercress or Arugula could be used instead of the spinach, if you prefer. For n added dimension use a flavoured olive oil – rosemary, or chilli oil would work perfectly. Serve the salad with warm crusty bread to soak up all the delicious cooking juices.
Warm Chorizo and Spinach Salad Ingredients:
- 225g baby spinach leaves, washed
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 150g chorizo sausage, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- Discard any tough stalks from the spinach.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan and add the sausage.
- Cook gently for 3 minutes, until the sausage slices start to shrivel slightly and colour.
- Add the spinach leaves and remove the pan from the heat.
- Toss the spinach in the warm oil until it just starts to wilt.
- Add the sherry vinegar and a little seasoning.
- Toss the ingredients briefly, then serve immediately, while still warm.