Warm Duck Stir-Fry Salad. A warm salad of stir-fry zucchini, bell pepper, plums, bok choy and cilantro makes this salad a simple, hearty and delicious accompaniment to a spicy duck meat. A perfect and easy warm salad dish to prepare for dinner or weekend lunch.
Warm Duck Stir-Fry Salad Ingredients:
- 175g duck breast, all fat removed
- 2-3 sprays sunflower oil
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 fresh serrano chile, seeded and sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 115g zucchini, trimmed and sliced
- 2 ripe but still firm plums, pitted and sliced
- 85g bok choy, shredded
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut the duck breast into thin strips and set aside. Heat a wok until very hot, then spray with the oil, and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger, chile and duck strips and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the duck strips are browned.
- Add the onion wedges, celery, and pepper slices and continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, zucchini, and plums to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes before stirring in the shredded bok choy and the chopped cilantro.
- Stir-fry for an additional minute then serve, divided equally among 4 bowls.