Warm Fish Salad with Mango Dressing Recipe , This salad is best served during the summer months. Preferably outdoors. The dressing combines the flavour of rich mango with chili, ginger and lime. Other varieties of fish suitable for this salad include salmon, monkfish, tuna sea bass, and halibut.
Warm Fish Salad with Mango Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 French bread
- 4 red fish or porgy, about 10oz. each
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 mango
- ½ fresh ginger
- 1 fresh red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 6oz. young spinach
- 5oz. bok choy
- 6oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut the French bread into 8 in lengths.
- Slice lengthwise, then cut into thick fingers.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet and dry in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler or light the barbecue grill and allow the embers to settle.
- Score the fish deeply on both sides and moisten with oil.
- Broil or barbecue for about 6 minutes, turning once.
- Place one half of the mango flesh in a food processor.
- Peel the ginger, grate finely, then add with the chili, lime juice and cilantro.
- Process until smooth and pouring consistency.
- Wash the salad leaves and spin dry, then distribute them between 4 plates.
- Place the fish over the leaves.
- Spoon in the mango dressing and finish with mango slices and tomato halves.
- Serve with fingers of crispy French bread.