Warm Pasta Salad with Ham, Egg and Asparagus Recipe, In the summer months when the weather is hot, try serving your pasta calda, as a warm salad. Here it is served with ham, eggs and asparagus. A mustard dressing made from the thick part of asparagus provides a rich accompaniment.
Warm Pasta Salad with Ham, Egg and Asparagus Ingredients:
- 1lb. asparagus
- 1 lb. dried tagliatelle
- ½ lb. sliced cooked ham, cut into strips
- 2 eggs, hard cooked and sliced
- 2oz. parmesan cheese
- 2oz. cooked potato
- 5 tbsp. olive oil, preferably Sicilian
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Trim and discard the tough woody part of the asparagus.
- Cut the asparagus in half and boil the thicker halves for 12 minutes. After 6 minutes throw in the tips.
- Refresh under cold water until warm, then drain.
- Finely chop 5oz. asparagus middle section. Place in a food processor with the dressing ingredients and process until smooth. Season to taste.
- Boil the pasta in a large saucepan of salted water according to the box instructions.
- Refresh under cold water until warm, and drain.
- Dress with the asparagus sauce and transfer to four plates.
- Top with ham, hard-cooked eggs and asparagus tips. Finish with a parmesan cheese.