Watermelon and Feta Salad Recipe, The salad may be served plain and light, on a leafy base, or with herbed vinaigrette dressing drizzled over. The combination of sweet watermelon with salty feta cheese is inspired by Turkish tradition.
Watermelon and Feta Salad Ingredients:
- 4 slices watermelon, chilled
- 130g feta cheese, preferably sheep’s milk feta, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin and sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 10-15 black olives
- Cut the rind off the watermelon and remove as many seeds as possible.
- Cut flesh into triangular-shaped chunks.
- Mix the watermelon, feta cheese, mixed seeds and black olives.
- Cover and chill the salad for 30 minutes before serving.