White Mushroom Salad,
White Mushroom Salad Ingredients:
- 150g firm white mushroom
- 4 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 5 canned anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh marjoram, to garnish
- Gently wipe each mushroom with a damp cloth or damp paper towels in order to remove any dirt.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the mushrooms and place in a bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk the oil and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the mushrooms are completely coated with the lemon juice and oil.
- Stir the anchovy fillets into the mushrooms. Season the mixture to taste with pepper and garnish with the marjoram.
- Let the mushroom salad stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving to let all the flavors be absorbed.
- Season the mushroom salad with a little salt. (see cook tip), then serve immediately.
COOK TIPS : Do not season the mushroom salad with salt until the very last minute, because it will cause the mushrooms to blacken and the juices to leak. The result will not be so tasty, because the full flavors won’t be absorbed and it will also look very unattractive.