Balsamic Chicken over Greens, Nutrition Note: Broiling is a healthful choice for cooking meats and fish because no fat is added. If a broiler pan is not available, place a wire baking rack in a pan to catch drippings. For easy clean-up, line the pan with aluminium foil.
Balsamic Chicken over Greens Ingredients:
- 4 skinless, breast fillet halves (about a pound)
- 3/4 cup bottles reduced-calorie balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- Place chicken breast halves in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, stir together 1/3 cup vinaigrette, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat broiler. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 F), turning once and brushing with reserved marinade halfway through broiling. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Divide greens among four serving plates. Slice chicken. Place chicken on greens. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.