Chicken Liver Bacon and Tomato Salad Recipe, Warm salads are especially welcome during the autumn months when the evenings are growing shorter and cooler. Try this rich salad with sweet spinach and bitter leaves of frisee lettuce.
Chicken Liver, Bacon and Tomato Salad Ingredients:
- ½ lb. young spinach, stems removed
- 1 frisee lettuce
- 7 tbsp. peanut or sunflower oil
- 6 oz. bacon, rind removed and cut into strips
- 3 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cut into short fingers
- 1 lb. chicken livers
- 4 oz. cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Wash and spin the salad leaves. Place in a salad bowl.
- Heat 4 tbsp. of the oil in a large skillet.
- Add bacon and cook for 3 minutes or until crisp and brown.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on a piece of paper towel.
- To make the croutons, fry the bread in the bacon-flavoured oil, tossing until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Heat the remaining 3 tbsp. of oil in the skillet, add the chicken livers, and fry briskly for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the livers to the salad leaves, add the bacon, croutons, and tomatoes.
- Season, toss and serve.