Citrus Salad with Pomegranate Recipe, Fresh summer citrus fruit with pomegranate and red oak lettuce salad made fast and easy.
Citrus Salad with Pomegranate Ingredients:
- 1 large pomegranate
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 sweet oranges
- finely grated rind of 1/2 lime
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- 4-5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head red leafy lettuce, such as oak leaf, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, diced, and tossed with a little lime juice
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Cut the pomegranate into quarters, then press back the outer skin to push out the seeds into a bowl.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the slice off the top and bottom of the grapefruit, then remove the peel and pith, cutting downward.
- Cut the segments from between the membranes, then add to the pomegranate.
- Finely grate the rind of half an orange and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the slice off the top and bottom of both oranges, then remove the peel and pith, cutting downward and taking care to retain the shape of the oranges.
- Slice horizontally into slices, then cut into fourths.
- Add the oranges to the pomegranate and grapefruit and stir to mix well. Combine the reserved orange rind with the lime rind, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, sugar and mustard in a small non-metallic bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then whisk in the oil.
- Place the lettuce leaves in a serving bowl, then top with the fruit mixture and the avocado.
- Pour over the dressing and toss gently. Garnish with the onion rings and serve at once.