Crispy Noodle Caesar Salad Recipe. The use of crispy noodles instead of croutons in this recipe gives the classic Caesar salad an oriental twist. Serve as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to roasted meat dishes.
Crispy Noodle Caesar Salad Ingredients:
- 125g thin yellow egg noodles, cut into an inch short
- 3 slices bacon, cut into an inch
- 750g chicken breast fillet, halved
- 1 baby cos lettuce, cut into an inch wide strips
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1/3 cup Caesar salad dressing
- cooking oil for deep-frying
- Heat oil for deep-frying and gently lower in egg noodles.
- Deep-fry until golden brown then drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Reserve a tablespoon of oil. Heat reserved oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and fry for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp then drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, add half the chicken. Cook for 3 minutes each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Drain, set aside and allow to cool. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Thinly slice chicken and transfer to a salad bowl. Add lettuce leaves to the salad bowl, toss and mix well.
- Crumble in bacon and crispy noodles and top with eggs. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve immediately.
Will be trying this out