Grilled Aubergine Salad Recipe. These are many versions of Aubergine salad, and this Burmese recipe combines few other typical Asian ingredients such as sesame seeds, bird’s eye chillies, and fish sauce to make a delicious salad. Aubergine is a also known as an eggplant.
Grilled Aubergine Salad Ingredients:
- 2 med. Aubergine’s “eggplants”
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 med. onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp. raw peanut, roasted, skinned and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. white sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 med. Bird’s eye chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- Grill aubergines until skin is slightly charred, leave to cool, then peel and discard the skin.
- Mask flesh and place in mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry garlic until crisp and golden.
- Remove from the pan and drain well. Reserve half tablespoon of garlic oil.
- Add garlic, onions, roasted peanuts, toasted sesame seeds, chilies, fish sauce and garlic oil to the mashed aubergines and mix well.
- Transfer the salad in a serving bowl and serve as an appetizer or as a side dish.