Japanese Potato Salad Recipe. This refreshing salad has a delicious dressing, comprising Japanese rice wine vinegar, olive oil and mayonnaise.
Japanese Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 1 lb. Russet potatoes
- 2 tsp. Japanese rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ Japanese cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced lengthways
- ½ brown onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 slices Ham, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Put potatoes into a pot of boiling salted water.
- Return to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, peel and mash.
- When potatoes are still hot, add rice wine vinegar, olive oil and salt. Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Mix mashed potatoes, cucumber, onion and ham together with mayonnaise.
- Refrigerate to chill for an hour before serving and garnish as desired then serve and enjoy.
I LOVE rice wine vinegar in anything – this wil make a yummy potato salad for my next luncheon!
Maria Carla Perez
the japanese rice wine, thats what they called Mirin, right? love eating potato salad as a side dish when im eating pizza and pasta, thanks for the recipe
Yum! Sounds delicious.