Kachumbar is a salad relish most commonly served with Indian curries. There are many versions, although this one will leave your mouth feeling cool and refreshed after a spicy meal.
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 2 scallions chopped
- ¼ tsp. superfine sugar
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Remove the tough cores from the tomatoes with a small knife.
- 2 Halve the tomatoes, remove the seeds, and dice the flesh.
- 3 combine the tomatoes with the scallions, sugar, salt, and chopped cilantro. Serve at room temperature.
- Kachumbar also makes a fine accompaniment to fresh crab, lobster, and shellfish.
Haven’t heard of this before,but looks interesting.