Lobster Salad Recipe, Lobsters are best prepared simply, to ensure that none of the rich, sweet flavor is lost amid a mass of other ingredients.
Lobster Salad Ingredients:
- 2 raw lobster tails
- salt and pepper
To Garnish :
- radicchio leaves
- lemon wedges
- fresh dill sprigs
Lemon-Dill Mayo Dressing :
- 1 large lemon
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- To make the lemon-dill mayonnaise, finely grate the rind from the lemon and squeeze the juice.
- Beat the egg yolk in a small bowl and beat in the mustard and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice.
- Using a balloon whisk or electric mixer, beat in the olive oil, drop by drop, until a thick mayonnaise forms. Stir in half the lemon rind and 1 tablespoon of the juice.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add more lemon juice if desired. Stir in the dill and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator to chill until required.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil. Add the lobster tails and continue to cook for 6 minutes, or until the flesh is opaque and the shells are red. Drain at once and let cool completely.
- Remove the lobster flesh from the shells and cut into bite-size pieces. Arrange the radiccchio leaves on individual plates and top with the lobster flesh. Place a spoonful of the mayonnaise on the side.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and dill sprigs and serve.
Leave a Reply