Moroccan Carrot Salad Recipe. In this intriguing salad from North Africa, the carrots are lightly cooked before being tossed in a cumin and coriander vinaigrette. Cumin is widely used in Indian and Mexican cooking, as well as North African cuisines. It has a strong and spicy aroma and a warm pungent flavour that goes particularly well with root vegetables. This salad is a perfect accompaniment for both everyday or special meals.
Moroccan Carrot Salad Ingredients:
- 3-4 carrots, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin, or to taste
- 4 tbsp. garlic-flavoured olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) or mixture of coriander and parsley
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook the thinly sliced carrots by either steaming or boiling in lightly salted water until they are just tender but not soft.
- Drain the carrots, leave for a few minutes to dry and cool, then put into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cumin, garlic dressing and herbs.
- Season to taste and chill well before serving.
- Check the seasoning just before serving and add cumin, salt or black pepper, if required.
ayy for sure gagawin ko toh favorite ng anak ko ang carrots kahit hilaw o luto kaya patok na patok toh healthy tlaga
I will try this 🙂 thanks for the procedure 🙂
Sarap nito! Masubukan nga this week pag kumpleto na ang pamilya. Thanks sa recipe.. 🙂
i haven’t tried any carrot salad yet so this is definitely a must try recipe.
mary jane hernandez
so healthy,, tnx for this recipe.