Papaya, Avocado & Red Pepper Salad Recipe, This salad is a great fruit combination that offers a remarkable benefit to our skin and it has a Beta Carotene and a lot of health benefits that we perfectly need.
Papaya, Avocado & Red Pepper Salad Ingredients:
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- 1 small papaya
- 2 red peppers
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin seeds, preferably toasted (optional)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp. of paprika
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- dash of white wine vinegar (optional)
- Combine the salad leaves with the spring onions and coriander in a bowl.
- Mix well then transfer the salad to a large serving dish.
- Cut the papaya in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. And cut into quarters, remove the peel and slice the flesh.
- Arrange on top of the salad leaves. Cut the peppers in half, remove the cores and seeds then thinly slice. Add the peppers to the salad leaves.
- Cut the avocado in half around the stone and twist apart then remove the stone with a knife.
- Carefully peel off the skin, dice the flesh and toss in lime juice to prevent discoloration and add to the other salad ingredients.
- To make the dressing, whisk the lime juice, paprika, cumin, sugar, garlic and oil together in a small bowl and season it with salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly, adding a dash of wine vinegar if a flavour with more ‘bite’ is preferred.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, if using.
Leave a Reply