Pink Grapefruit and Avocado Salad Recipe. Smooth, creamy avocado and zesty citrus fruit are perfect partners in an attractive, refreshing salad. Pink grapefruit is tangy but not too sharp, or try large oranges or a sweeter flavour. Avocados turn brown quickly when exposed to the air; the acidic grapefruit juice will prevent this from occurring, so combine the ingredients as soon as the avocados have been sliced.
Pink Grapefruit and Avocado Salad Ingredients:
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 90g rocket (arugula)
- Slice the top and bottom off a grapefruit, then cut off all the peel and pith from around the side.
- Working over a small bowl to catch the juices, cut out segments from between the membranes and place them in a separate bowl.
- Squeeze any juices remaining in the membranes into the bowl, then discard them.
- Repeat with the remaining grapefruit or orange.
- Halve, stone (pit) and peel the avocados.
- Slice the flesh and add it to the grapefruit segments.
- Whisk little salt and then the chili oil into the grapefruit juice.
- Alternatively, toss the rocket leaves, grapefruit, avocado and the dressing together.
- Divide the salad into four plates and serve immediately.
Wow. It seems like a dessert salad for me! Thanks for posting! Looks refreshingly good.
This will be a healthy alternative for other this christmas season. If I can find this fruit I will ask my mom to do this.
sherry ann gole cruz
would love to try this!
DAWN MATEO DE ACOSTA
THE AVACADO AND PINK GRAPEFRUIT ARE AMAZING TOGETHER. A TINY PINCH OF SALT REALLY BRINGS OUT THE COMBINATION.
I think avocado and grapefruit is great combination. A must try Pink Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
I will try this 🙂 thanks for the procedure 🙂
i haven’t tasted pink grapefruit yet. I’m not sure if this is similar with dalandan though. Would love to try this one coz it’s healthy. 🙂
Great, we have avocado tree, maitry.
Have all these in the fridge. Will try this recipe tomorrow! Thanks for sharing!
Such a delightful idea, love the recipe, thanks