Scallop Salad Recipe. This light and refreshing scallop salad is not only easy to prepare it is also attractive to the eye and very tasty. You can serve this a starter or side dish.
Scallop Salad Ingredients:
- 9 scallops in the shell
- 3 leaves from head of lettuce
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 5 sprigs coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 bird’s eye chillies, finely chopped plus extra whole for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Remove scallops from the shells and discard tendons.
- Wash well, then place in a saucepan of cold water.
- Bring to simmering point and cook gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash scallop shells and pat dry. Line with lettuce leaves.
- Arrange cooked scallops on lettuce with sliced onion and coarsely chopped coriander.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small sauce bowl and mix well.
- Drizzle dressing over scallops or serve on the side.