Sesame Seed Salad
Sesame Seeds Salad, For a nutty flavor, toast sesame seeds on a skillet just enough to get the oil out and fragrant, then set aside.
Sesame Seeds Salad Ingredients:
- 1 large eggplant
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp. sesame seed paste
- juice and rind of 1 Lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of paprika
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Boston lettuce leaves
- 1 pimiento cut into wedges
- toasted sesame seeds
- Cut the eggplant in half, then place in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 30 minutes so that the juices drain.
- Rinse thoroughly under cold running water and drain well. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 450f /230c. Place the eggplant halves, skin-side uppermost, on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Let cool.
- When the eggplant halves are cool enough to handle, cut them into cubes and reserve until required.
- Mix the sesame seed paste, lemon juice and rind, garlic, paprika, and cilantro together in a medium-size bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in the eggplant cubes.
- Line a serving dish with lettuce leaves and spoon the eggplant cubes into the center.
- Garnish the salad with pimiento slices, lemon wedges and toasted sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply