Try this Soba, Mango and Cucumber Salad
Soba, Mango and Cucumber Salad Recipe. Make this cheerful coloured cold salad on a hot day. The sweetness of the mango and the cool crunchiness of the cucumber will be refreshing.
Soba, Mango and Cucumber Salad Ingredients:
- 180g dried soba
- 2 med. Tomatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- ½ cucumber, julienned
- ½ mango, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 100g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 90ml rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 bird’s eye chilli, seeded and chopped
- 2 limes, for zest and 1½ tbsp. of squeezed juice
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- Prepare dressing, combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a small saucepan.
- Warm over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for a minute or until sugar dissolves and stir in garlic and chilli.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool and mix in lime zest, lime juice and sesame oil.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add soba and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and drain well then transfer soba to a large bowl.
- Add the dressing to soba, toss and mix evenly.
- Add cucumber, mango, basil and mint and toss well to coat evenly.
- Arrange salad on a plate and sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve with lime wedges.
Looks so yummy!! I’ll try it 🙂