Steak, Avocado & Bean Salad Recipe, The avocado is very popular in vegetarian cuisine, as substitute for meats in sandwiches and salads because of its high fat content. Try this delicious recipe for Steak, Avocado and Bean Salad.
Steak, Avocado & Bean Salad Ingredients:
- 350g tender steak, such as sirloin
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. white or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. mild chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g crisp lettuce leaves, such as romaine
- 225g canned sweet corn kernels, drained
- 400g canned pinto, black or red kidney beans, drained
- 1 avocado, peeled, sliced and tossed with lime juice
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 fresh green or red chilli, chopped
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh coriander
- tortilla chips, broken into pieces
- Place the steak in a non-metallic dish with the garlic and half the lime juice and oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine the remaining lime juice and oil with the vinegar, chilli powder, cumin and paprika in a small non-metallic bowl, then set aside.
- Pan-fry the steak, or cook under a preheated very hot grill, until browned on the outside and cooked to your liking in the middle.
- Transfer to a board, cut into strips, and reserve; keep warm or let cool.
- Toss the spring onions with the lettuce and arrange on a serving platter.
- Pour half the dressing over the leaves, then arrange the sweet corn, beans, avocado and tomatoes over the top.
- Sprinkle with the chilli and coriander.
- Arrange the steak and tortilla chips on top, pour over the rest of the dressing and serve at once.