Sweet Potato, Egg, Pork and Beet Salad, A delicious way to use up leftover pork roast, sweet flavours balance well with the bitterness of the salad leaves.
Sweet Potato, Egg, Pork and Beet Salad Ingredients:
- 2lb. sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 4 heads Belgian endive
- 5 eggs, hard cooked
- 1lb. pickled young beets
- 6oz. cold pork roast, sliced
- 5tbsp. peanut or sunflower oil
- 2tbsp. white-wine vinegar
- 2tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1tsp. fennel seeds, crushed
- Bring the sweet potato to a boil in salted water and cook for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Drain and allow to cool completely.
- To make the dressing, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard and fennel seeds in a screw-top jar and shake.
- Separate the Belgian endive leaves and arrange around the edge of 4 serving plates.
- Dress the sweet potato and spoon over the salad leaves.
- Shell the hard-cooked eggs. Slice the eggs and beets and arrange to make an attractive border.
- Cut the pork into 1½ in fingers, toss with dressing, and pile into the center and serve.