Sweet Turnip Salad with Horseradish and Caraway Recipe, The robust-flavored turnip goes well with the taste of horseradish and caraway seeds. This salad is delicious with cold roast beef or smoked trout. If turnips are not available, giant white radish can be used as a substitute.
Sweet Turnip Salad with Horseradish and Caraway Ingredients:
- 12 oz. medium turnips
- 2 scallions, white part only, chopped
- 1 tbsp. superfine horseradish
- 2 tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp. caraway seeds
- Peel, slice and shred the turnips or grate them if you wish.
- Add the scallions, sugar and salt, then rub together with your hands to soften the turnip.
- Fold in the prepared horseradish and caraway seeds.
- Transfer in a serving plate and serve.
Leave a Reply