Tomato and Feta Cheese Salad Recipe, Sweet sun-ripened tomatoes are rarely more delicious than when served with feta cheese and olive oil. This salad, popular in Greece and Turkey, is enjoyed as a light meal with pieces of crispy bread. Feta cheese has a strong flavour and can be salty, so in this recipe we do not need any salt.
Tomato and Feta Cheese Salad Ingredients:
- 2lb. tomatoes
- 7oz. feta cheese
- ½ cup olive oil, preferably Greek
- 12 black olives
- 4 sprigs fresh basil
- Black pepper
- Remove the tough cores from the tomatoes with small knife.
- Slice the tomatoes thickly and arrange in a shallow dish.
- Crumble the cheese over the tomatoes, sprinkle over the olives and fresh basil.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve at room temperature.
So easy! So light! So tasty! Thanks for a great main or side dish – and so healthy!