Turnip Salad in Sour Cream Recipe. Usually served cooked, raw young tender turnips have a tangy, slightly peppery flavour. Serve this as an accompaniment for grilled poultry or meat. It is also delicious as a light appetizer, garnished with parsley and paprika, and served with warmed flat breads such as pita bread. Garnish the salad with fresh flat leaf parsley and paprika, if you like.
Turnip Salad in Sour Cream Ingredients:
- 2-4 young and tender turnips, peeled
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 drops of white wine vinegar, or to taste
- 4-6 tbsp. sour cream
- Thinly slice or coarsely grate the turnips.
- Alternatively, thinly slice half the turnips and grate the remaining half and put in a bowl.
- Add the onion and vinegar and season to taste with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss together, then stir in the sour cream.
- Chill well before serving with pita breads and fresh tomato wedges.