Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Beef skewers Recipe. Known as bun cha, this is an everyday Vietnamese dish that is enjoyed with savoury barbecued beef or pork. A simple and fresh glass noodle salad paired with a savoury and delicious beef skewers are perfect meal combination.
Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Beef skewers Ingredients:
- 90ml rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 600g beef, trimmed of excess fat and cut into strips
- 200g glass noodles “transparent”
- 1 med. Carrot, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 pc. Red chilli, thinly sliced
- 30g mint leaves
- 45g coriander leaves (cilantro)
- Soak 12 wooden skewers in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of vinegar with a tablespoon of fish sauce and sugar in a bowl.
- Add beef and toss to coat, then cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place glass noodles and carrot in a bowl and pour boiling water over.
- Let stand for a few minutes to soften, then drain.
- Combine glass noodles with chili, mint, coriander and remaining fish sauce and vinegar.
- Toss and mix well and transfer to a serving dish. Heat a lightly oiled grill over medium heat.
- While heating up, thread beef strips onto skewers.
- Grill or barbecue for 3-5 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with noodles and enjoy.
Leave a Reply