Warm Oriental-Style Salad Recipe. A tasty and nutty warm vegetable salad recipe. A flavourful combination of broccoli, carrots, bok choy, bell peppers, baby corn and zucchini. Spiced up with Thai chilies and fresh grated ginger, freshen up with the tangy flavour of orange juice and a nutty flavour from sunflower oil and cashew nuts.
Warm Oriental-Style Salad Ingredients:
- 115g broccoli florets
- 115g baby carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 140g bok choy
- 2 sprays sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1-2 fresh Thai chillies, seeded and sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 115g baby zucchini, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 115g baby corn, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cashew nuts
- Cut the broccoli into tiny florets, then bring a small pan of water to a boil, and add the halved carrots.
- Cook for 3 minutes then add the broccoli and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into cold water, then drain again, and set aside.
- Arrange 25g of bok choy on a large serving platter.
- Shred the remainder and set aside.
- Heat a wok and when hot, add the oil and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced onion, chiles, ginger, and star anise and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the bell pepper strips, zucchini and baby corn and stir-fry for an additional for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the orange juice and soy sauce and continue to stir-fry for another minute before adding the reserved shredded bok choy.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender but still firm to the bite.
- Arrange the warm salad on the bok choy-lined serving platter, scatter the cashew nuts over the top, and serve as 4 portions.