Guacamole Salad Dip, Creamy rich guacamole is a welcome sight at any party gathering. If you are cooking a Mexican meal, serve it as salad dip with tortilla chips, raw vegetables, and crispy potato skins.
How to make Guacamole Salad Dip:
Guacamole Salad Dip Recipe
Guacamole Salad Dip Recipe is my favorite guacamole recipe as it can be served as an appetizer or a salad with either corn or flour tortillas.
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 fresh green chili seeded and chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Tabasco sauce
- 5 large potatoes
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 stalks celery cut into fingers
- 3 large ripe tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 mild onion cut into strips
- Tortilla chips
- 8 Jalapeno or soft green chilies optional
- Halve each avocado lengthwise, discard the pit, and scoop the flesh into a food processor.
- Add the garlic, onion, lemon juice and green chilli (if using). Blend roughly. Add the cilantro and season to taste with salt and Tabasco sauce. Cover closely with plastic wrap to prevent discoloration.
- To prepare potato skins, thickly peel the potatoes: you should aim for 6-8 large pieces of peel from each one. Cover with boiling water and cook for 5 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the broiler or barbecue to a moderate temperature. Drain the potato skins well, toss in oil, season with salt, and broil until crisp. Transfer the guacamole to an attractive bowl, place on serving plate with the dipping ingredients, and serve.
- Choose avocados that yield to firm pressure near the stem. The fruits ripen most effectively if they are kept in a brown paper bag with ripe bananas or mangoes.
Other Salad Recipes: