Here’s another easy Italian salad recipe that makes a complete meal by itself the Italian Broiled Chicken Salad.
A super juicy and tasty salad with fresh baby spinach, new potatoes and plum tomatoes, topped with broiled chicken and drizzled with simple Italian Dressing.
To make it quick and easy use your leftover chicken or you can simply buy a roasted whole chicken.
How to Prepare Italian Broiled Chicken Salad:
Italian Broiled Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts about 4oz each
- 8 small plum tomatoes halved
- Olive oil spray
- 13 oz new potatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 basil leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Use a sharp knife to cut each chicken breast in half horizontally.
- Arrange the 8 pieces of chicken on a foil-lined broiler pan with the tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and spray with oil.
- Cook the chicken under a preheated hot broiler for about 2 minutes or until it is just cooked and still succulent.
- Set aside to cool, then cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, steam or boil the potatoes and set aside to cool, then slice into rounds.
- Make the dressing by mixing together all the ingredients and whisk well until blended.
- Combine the chicken, spinach, tomatoes, and potatoes in a serving dish.
- Just before serving, pour over the dressing and serve immediately.
Recommended Salad Recipes:
- Indonesian Shrimp Salad Recipe
- Millionaire’s Lobster Salad Recipe
- Crab and Grapefruit Salad Recipe
- Italian Mozzarella Salad Recipe