Indonesian Shrimp Salad Recipe. A delicious, salty, tangy and crunchy Indonesian classic salad also known as “gado-gado salad”. The shrimp, rice noodles, fresh vegetables and roasted nuts go well together. This kind of salad has a robust flavour that will make your palate sing with such great and flavourful vegetable meal, such an extraordinary salad. A must try Asian salad recipe.
Indonesian Shrimp Salad Ingredients:
- 4 oz. rice noodles
- ½ cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. superfine sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp water
- oil spray
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 3 red chillies,sliced
- 1 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 8oz. shrimp, cooked and peeled with tail on
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro leaves, to decorate
- 3 tbsp. roasted peanuts, roughly chopped for garnish
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- Shrimp crackers, for garnish
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package and drain, rinse well and set aside.
- Pickle the cucumber in equal portions of rice vinegar and sugar for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Mix the beaten egg with 3 tablespoons of water.
- Spray a wok or large skillet with oil and, when it is quite hot, make a thin omelette with the egg mixture.
- Roll it up, allow to cool, and cut into thin strips.
- Combine the shallots, garlic, ginger, and ground coriander in a large bowl.
- Add the peppers, chillies, fish sauce, shrimp, and noodles and mix all in, using 2 spoons to lift and stir, until they are thoroughly combined.
- Add the soy sauce and salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with the omelette strips, pickled cucumber, cilantro leaves, peanuts, and scallions, and with shrimp crackers on the side.