Super-Crunchy Supper Salad,
Super-Crunchy Supper Salad Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp. apple juice
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine or white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 to 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 med. apples or pears
- 8 oz. lean cooked beef, ham, chicken breast or turkey breast ( about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 med. carrots
- 1 cup yellow summer squash
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine apple juice, oil, and vinegar. Cover and shake well.
- Prepare your selected cooked meat and cut into thin bite-size strips about 1 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Core the apples or pears and cut into wedges then cut the carrots and a half of yellow summer squash thinly into bite-size strips.
- Divide salad greens, apples, beef, carrots and squash among for serving plates. Drizzle with dressing over salads.