Herby Lima Bean Salad Recipe. Here’s a delicious, fresh and herby bean salad usually serve as an appetizer or sidings. This recipe is a quick fix appetizer. Just open a canned Lima Beans or a chickpea if you prefer, add some ham and a quick herb dressing, then drizzle and toss it in your beans and serve.
Herby Lima Bean Salad Ingredients:
- 1¼ lb jar judion de la granja beans or lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 oz. Serrano Ham, chopped
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 mild Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mint, chopped
- Juice and grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. anchovies, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Arrange the beans and ham in a serving dish with the sliced tomatoes and onion.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the parsley, mint, lemon zest and juice, garlic, oil and vinegar.
- Season to taste and stir in the anchovies, if using.
- Drizzle the dressing over the beans and ham and serve.