Turkey Skewers & Bulghur Salad Recipe. A tasty grilled turkey recipe with bulghur salad and hummus dressing. This recipe is made from turkey meat chunks that has been marinated in sunflower oil, lemon juice, paprika and parsley, then skewered and grilled. Serve on a bed of Bulghur Salad with green lentils, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, fresh mint and lemon wedges. This tasty turkey & bulghur salad goes along with hummus dressing and a pita bread.
Turkey Skewers & Bulghur Salad Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 tbsp. chopped flat leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 13oz. turkey breast, diced
- Salt and pepper
- 1¾ cups chicken stock
- 1¼ cups bulghur wheat
- 13½oz. can green lentils, rinsed and drained
- ½ cucumber, seeded and diced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Lemon wedges, to garnish
- 4 tbsp. hummus
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. water
- Pre-soak 8 wooden skewers in warm water.
- Mix together the oil, lemon juice, paprika, and parsley, then season to taste.
- Add the turkey and turn to coat thoroughly.
- Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Drain the turkey (discard any marinade) and thread the pieces onto the skewers.
- Cook under a preheated hot broiler, turning once or twice, for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring the stock to a boil and cook the bulghur wheat, according to the package instructions.
- Drain and spread out to cool.
- Stir in the green lentils, cucumber, tomatoes and fresh mint.
- Make a dressing by combining the hummus with the lemon juice and 1 tbsp. water.
- Serve the turkey skewers with the bulghur wheat salad, garnished with lemon wedges and flat leaf parsley.
- Offer the dressing separately.