Italian Broccoli & Egg Salad Recipe. A tasty and simple, fresh broccoli, leeks and hard-boiled egg salad, this is super healthy and very easy to prepare. A last-minute salad you can throw together using ingredients from the pantry.
This salad is a mouth-watering, so fresh and the vegetables are so crunchy. This recipe has a nice dressing the sweetness from the honey, salty capers and fresh, tangy of lemon juice that compliments this salad perfectly.
Italian Broccoli & Egg Salad Ingredients:
- 10 oz. broccoli
- 10 oz. leeks, trimmed, slit and well rinsed
- 4 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. capers, well drained
- 2 tbsp. tarragon, chopped
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- salt and pepper
- Cut the broccoli into florets and thickly slice the stems and the leeks.
- Put the broccoli in the top of a steamer, cook for 3 minutes, add the leeks and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix together the lemon juice, oil, honey, capers and tarragon in a salad bowl and season to taste.
- Shell the hard-boiled eggs and roughly chop the them.
- Add the broccoli and leeks to the dressing, toss together and sprinkle with the chopped eggs.
- Garnish with tarragon sprigs, if desired, and serve warm with extra thickly sliced whole-wheat bread.