Radicchio with Figs and Ginger Vinaigrette Recipe. Fresh and healthy, mouth-watering leafy salad with figs and pomegranate seeds dressed with ginger vinaigrette.
A satisfying and light vegetable salad meal to enjoy any time of the day. This kind of salad is a must try, a perfect salad treat for a fig lovers.
Radicchio with Figs and Ginger Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1 radicchio
- 1 small curly endive, lettuce
- 3 oranges
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 8 small green figs, quartered
- 2 pomegrate seeds, optional
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. very finely chopped glace ginger with syrup
- Wash the radicchio and curly endive leaves in a cold water, and drain well.
- Tear any large leaves into pieces.
- Peel and segment the oranges, discarding all of the pith.
- Place in a large bowl with the onion rings, salad leaves and figs, reserving 8 figs quarters.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the olive oil, vinegar, cinnamon, orange juice and ginger in a small jug.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and whisk well until emulsifies.
- In a big serving bowl, place radicchio, endives, orange segments, quartered figs and onions.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly.
- Divide into four serving bowls, top with reserved figs and scatter pomegranate seeds on top and served.
sherry ann gole cruz
simple yet so yummy and healthy
Maria Carla Perez
fresh vegetables! love it! i can eat this everyday!
Lovely recipe! It makes me wonder what it would taste like after reading that there’s red wine and cinnamon. 😀 I will try this someday.